1. Motivation letter
The motivation letter can be in any form: text, video or sound piece, etc. (In English or with English subtitles).
In the motivation letter, we value your creativity in expression more than anything.
A few questions to have in mind while working on your motivation letter:
We’d like to know who you are, what you want, and what makes you interested in this academy?
What shaped you as a person and what drives you as a storyteller?
What has drawn you towards cinema and filmmaking as a profession?
What are you expecting from the academy and what are you hoping to achieve after finishing your studies?
Is there a specific field in the filmmaking process such as directing, scriptwriting, cinematography, producing, acting, editing, etc. that you are interested in pursuing in the future?.
2. A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. 1 idea for a short film (max 10 min)
• The ideas have to be of your own, written for the short film that you would potentially like to make in AMPI once you get admitted.
• The submitted film ideas should be for a short film of max 10 min. The ideas can be submitted as a brief synopsis maximum of 800 words together with the 3 first scenes of your short script.
4. Optional: Portfolio of any previous visual works – short film, photography, painting, drawing, link to a video, etc. that best represent your work (in PDF format, A4 pages).
• The application deadline is January 31st 2021, by 12AM.
• The shortlisted participants will be invited for a conversation with the AMPI’s artistic director together with three AMPI lecturers and one of the AMPI advisory board members, in the second half of February.
• The decision will be made by the jury consisting of the artistic director, the team of lecturers and advisors.
• You will be notified of the results by March 15th.
• We advise you to go through our website carefully and read about us, our mission and our activities. If you have any questions regarding the application please contact us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org